Next review

Keep watching these space for some unusual, zara- hatke reviews...bas aapke liye!

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Suzuki ertiga : First hand experience

It has been 36000 Kms now....I have done now almost 3 long 700kms+ trips and have one through one major accident...now its a good time to call for revisit of my Cars's review ..the Ertiga ZXI which is now almost 4 years old now...

Few things that I loved till now:

  • Reliability of the engine
  • Space it gives me at that price point ( 9-10 lakhs)
  • Maruti service ( specially after the accident)
  • Mileage has been amazing - a whooping 15.9 kmph ( this is with 80% AC and 30% highway) driving
Things that I still don't like or have found it now:
  • Stock tyres run out after 20K....I am planning to change them soon. I had at-least 10-12 punctures in last 5000 Kms....planning to change all of them
  • the NVH levels are really bad at high speeds...(beyond 80-90 kmph...it becomes really bad)
  • The lack of power on hill ascents - had to switch off teh ACs in certain instance and could feel the engine going off-breath...
  • The beige interiors are killer dust catcher....a major design flaw
Any other car which I would have loved to exchange thsi with?

When i bought this car, I did not have much options. but in last 2 years there are huge options in thsi range....I would have loved to test out the TUV300, Vitara Brezza, Honda BRV...

I hope that helps, in your decision....


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been now 3500 kms with my new car and I believe that it is  time that it deserves a review. I will try to remain to the point and unbiased and paint the right picture,

Model: Ertiga (ZXI)
Few Postives & things which I found worth mentioning:
- Spacious (For passengers)
- Good driveability (feels like a car)
- Powerful 1.4 ltr petrol engine, never found any issues pulling through high gradients
- Good road presence
- Good breaking (ABS)
- Good ground clearance


Few Negatives or areas where things can be better:
- Not so spacious for luggage (If you have 7 people then you need to have a carrier)
- Too much body roll (Even though it has a monocoque design)
- NVH levels could have been better
- Though AC is powerful but No ACC
- The gear shifting is improved with Suzuki standards but still could have been better
- Too much biege-acts like dirt magnet


Few things that could have added more value:
- Split last row sits
- Dark coloured floor carpet
- Automatic Climate control


Essential Fuel Efficiency stats:
- 11.6 Kmpl-11.8 Kmpl City driving (90% AC)
- 12.5 Kmpl - 13.5 Kmpl for long distance driving (70-80% AC)


Do I ever think that I should have gone for another smaller car or Sedan?
- Yes, I do only when I drive through the Mumbai traffic!


To know which other cars where on my list while I was making this purchase decision, please refer to my earlier blog:http://aapkareview.blogspot.in/2013/04/with-options-things-do-not-get-easy.html




No comments:

Post a Comment